Jessie Dinan is a photographic artist, based in Melbourne, Australia.
She studied Visual Arts at Latrobe University, majoring in Printmaking, where she came to love the creative process of making an image.
She had the opportunity to relocate to New York City for 3 years. It was there she found herself wandering the streets with a 35mm camera, photographing the energy of the city, and the diversity of its people.
Returning back to Australia she has continued her love for street photography, spending time travelling the world and striving to make an image better than the last.
She works with film, developing her negatives by hand, and creating her images through various darkroom techniques.
The work she makes is her way of looking and reacting to the world, Its everyday moments, human interactions, and way of life.
- Small Town Rodeo zine by Tour Dogs.
- Hamburger Eyes issue 44.
- Maggie Diaz photography prize for women finalist. Brightspace Gallery St Kilda, Melbourne.
- Highly commended, Australia photography awards.
- Faces behind the scene, Brunswick, Melbourne.
- Women Street Photographers Inaugural Exhibition. El Barrio Artspace PS109, Manhattan, New York.
- San Francisco International street photography awards finalist. Harvey Milk Photo Centre, San Francisco.
- Semi finalist, Moran contemporary photo prize.
- Cover, Meanwhile press community issue.
- Cover, Find Rangers Black and White issue.
- Maggie Diaz photography prize for women finalist. Brightspace Gallery, St Kilda, Melbourne.
- Photography on a postcard. Shorditch, London.
- ACP Salon show. Fitzroy, Melbourne.
- Brunswick st Gallery Salon show. Fitzroy, Melbourne.
- IPF Photo prize, The Good Copy. Collingwood, Melbourne.
- The Photocopy Club, My Brighton. Brighton UK
- Hardlines zine release. Doomed Gallery, Dalston, London.
- Meanwhile press issue 3.
- Hot August night. The Bushwick community darkroom. Brooklyn, New York.
- The Chapess zine end of year show. Doomed Gallery, Dalston, London.
- The Bushwick community darkroom, Brooklyn, New York.
- Find Rangers issue 3 release and photo show. The Book and Job Gallery, San Francisco.
- Greenpoint Gallery, Brooklyn New York.